Jul 28, 2010
Chicken Pepper Masala
Things you need:
1. 800g Chicken
2. 1 big onion sliced
3. 1 medium sized piece of ginger
4. 5 cloves of garlic
5. 1 tsp red chilly powder
6. 1/2 tsp black pepper
7. 2 tsp coriander powder
8. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
9. Salt to taste
10. 2 tomatoes(ground to fine paste)
11. 1 twig curry leaves
12. 1 cinnamon stick(of 2 inches length)
13. 2-3 cloves
14. 1 tsp coarsely powdered black pepper
15. 2 tbsp butter
1. Wash the chicken properly,cut into small pieces and keep to drain.
2. Grind all the ingredients from 1 to 9 in a mixer to form a fine paste.
3. Mix the chicken pieces well in this paste.If you have amble time, you can marinate the chicken pieces for two hours.Otherwise, cook it in a pot or cooker until almost cooked.If you use a pressure cooker, make sure you heat it in high flame after opening so that the excess gravy can be evaporated out.
4. Now take a pan and heat it in medium flame.Add butter to it.Now, add the cinnamon sticks and cloves.When the aroma of spices tickles your nostrils,add coarsely powdered black pepper and curry leaves to it.Then add ground tomato.Cook until the water in the tomato paste almost dries up and the oil begins to surface.Add the cooked chicken pieces along with gravy and mix well.Cook for another two minutes, until done.
5. Serve hot with rice or chapattis.