Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Things you need:
100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1 large lemon
1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk (60ml)
For the frosting:
Dream whip powder - 50g
Cold milk - 125 ml
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (177 degree C) and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift atleast three times to aerate it.
- With an electric whisk, beat the butter and half of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks little by little and beat well. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest
- With the mixer on low speed alternately add the flour mixture and milk in three additions, begining and ending with flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Now beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with the remaining sugar until white and peeks appear
- Fold it gently into the cake mixture with a rubber spatula or metal spoon.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter upto 3/4th hieght. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted at the centre comes out batter free.
Whip the powder and milk at high speed for 5 to 10 minutes untill stiff peaks appear. Fill it in an icing bag with star shaped nozzle. Squeese it over the cupcakes to form swirls or any shape you like. Refrigerate covered before serving. Enjoy!