Mar 28, 2012

Chocolate chip Cookies

"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand." 
~Author Unknown
 
 
                                   

                   Cookies have been used as pacifiers in my place. Pacifier for bigger kids... Pacifier for toddlers. Whenever the pestering get troublesome, it gets handy. In fact just like soother for an infant. Nowadays bawling for very trivial matters( that's what I think) have become fashionable here, at least in my household.

"Wooh!! my cycle got stuck"

"I just can't write 'A' like mom does. Baa!!"

When the plank of patience threatens to give way, I start shouting...

"Is that a big deal? Why do you start crying for such silly things?"

 and the weeping gets out of control .

"I feel horrible coz mom scolded me.."

"I didn't scold you. I was just asking you why you are bawling all the time."



And I change the tactics.

"Do you want cookies?"

"What cookies?"

"Chocolate chip, which I made yesterday?"

And suddenly the face lights up a 100 volt. Sometimes I have seen a cloudy dark sky suddenly clears and the sun shines on it bright...

More often the 'soap operas' end with either of the two promises. Chocolate or Cookies. That is the reason why I like to call it a pacifier rather than a cookie.


And Chocolate chip cookies satisfies both his cravings for chocolate as well as cookies.
This is the recipe from Crisco can, which I tweaked little bit and have made many times and always turns out good for me.
Coming to the recipe..

Chocolate chip Cookie Recipe:


(Makes about 20 cookies)

Things you need:


2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, powdered
1 and 1/2 sticks (150g) butter or butter flavored veg.shortening
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium sized egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:


      Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 160 degree C . Combine  brown sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat well. Beat the egg into the creamed mixture.
      Whisk together flour,salt and baking powder and fold into the creamed mixture until just combined.Stir in the chocolate chips.
      Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Wet your hands and roll them to balls if necessary.
      Bake for up to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire wrack to cool completely. Use immediately or store in an air tight container.


5 comments:

  1. wow... yes, it works as pacifiers at my place too... chocolates, chocolate chip cookies and M&M cookies.... ur pics are beautiful.... love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow yummy cookies and superb clicks..love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ,, thank u,, may god bless u,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfectly baked cookies, nice clicks :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...