But Julie's words as well as her pictures tempted me enough to try it out. After all it was just a matter of 5 minutes. Amazing enough, incredible enough, so unbelievable, it turned out to be a moist soft chocolate cake, which the boys fought over. I have made it again 3 or 4 times, since the first attempt. It has become one of my latest time saver desserts. Try this out for your kids and you wouldn't be disappointed.
Moist Chocolate Mug Cake
(Recipe adapted from Table for two)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp powdered sugar
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp veg.oil
1 tbsp Nutella
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and oil and mix well until well combined and no clumps are seen.
- Pour batter into a micro wave safe large coffee mug.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of Nutella or any other chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. No need to push it down.
- Microwave mug cake for 1 minute on high.
- Remove from microwave and serve hot or cold. Enjoy!