Nov 10, 2010

Lemon Pudding

          It had bugged me for some time  how I could incorporate lemon into a pudding or ice cream. The fact that lemon curdles milk, irked me and kept me from experimenting... Nevertheless, the thought that the tangy flavour of lemon would be too good in a pudding, took my fancy. It was one of my friends who suggested that we might add cold milk because most of the fermentations  and curdling processes happens in a particularly warmer condition or climate. In fact, I have been peeved more than once, when my batter for 'dosha' didn't ferment in cold weather. That really piqued my interest and nudged the sleeping scientist in me to awakenness. So I added cold milk taken right out from the fridge and Hooray! you have a very handsome lemon pudding... no signs of curdling..! I also took great care to add milk at the last moment, just before cooking. So there.. this pudding is too easy to make and has a very distinguished flavour.



Things you need:

1 cup of cold milk
2 medium sized eggs beaten
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest/ lemon skin scraped
1 1/2 tbsp white flour/maida
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp butter

Method:

   Grease a round shaped vessel with butter. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add lemon juice to it. Add lemon zest and beat again. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of cold milk and pour it into the egg mixture. Dissolve the white flour or maida in another 1/2 cup of cold milk without any lumps and pour this into the mixture. Mix everything well. Pour it into a buttered bowl. Cook by double boiling method by keeping it in a closed vessel with water for half an hour over low heat. Take off from heat and serve with caramel syrup after cooling. Decorate with lemon slices. Preparation of caramel syrup have already been explained in Caramel Banana Pudding recipe. But you need to add more water so that you have enough syrup for the pudding to bath in...
 

                                                     
                                                                    Njoy.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...